Monday, July 19, 2010

Posto Duo

I realize it's been a long, long time since I've posted on here, but... Well, if it makes you feel any better, dear Blogger, know this: it's been just as long since I posted anywhere else, too! You're not the only one feeling the keen, bitter sting of my extended absence!

Now that I'm here, however, I have a couple of things to say. So pay heed, lest you miss the important parts and never get a chance to read this post again (as it will, inevitably, vanish in a puff of smoke as soon as you're finished reading it).

Firstly, I'd like to inform the world that I recently started going out with the most remarkable girl this silly little world of ours has seen. Call me biased or trust my judgment: either way, it stands as fact. Except that we're not sure that we're gonna call it 'dating', so 'going out with' might not apply. But don't blame me for that; I share but half the blame!

The second thing I wanted to post about was, as it ought to be, writing. After most of the summer passed by without me writing two creative words back to back, I finally decided to get a move on with my novel (well, one of my novels), Flight of the Dolphin. I had finished chapter 20 or so, and have since written or finished writing 2 chapters. Currently, I'm on chapter 23, which is coming slowly... I have about a page and 1/3 done in it.

The trouble with this novel is that the ending is gonna be massive, so I'm likely not as close to finishing it as I thought I was. But I suppose that could also be a very good thing: means it'll likely have a decent ending, right?

I promise I won't do like Tolkien and add a whole long anti-climax. Honestly, I won't. Even though I liked the whole 'Scouring of the Shire' thing.

Anyway, I think I'll try to post writing updates here for you guys. I don't know how consistent I'll be, either with my writing schedule or with my posting schedule, but that's the current plan. Take it or leave it, as they say!

No comments:

Post a Comment